Become a member of Backyard Abundance and join a vibrant and engaged gardening community that learns from one another.
Through these membership benefits, you will connect with like-minded individuals and learn how to increase the health of landscapes:
- Discounts on products and classes
- Member-only field trips and gatherings
- Publications and landscape designs
- Free Skill Share events
Purchase your membership at the Backyard Abundance Storefront.
Receive discounts on select products and classes. Each product or class will be identified with the member-only discount.
Field Trips and Social Events
Share food, conversation, seeds, and plants through member-only gatherings that nourish our bodies and souls.
Events can be landscape tours, potlucks, presentations, landscape design sessions, campouts, storytellings, hikes, or any other informal event that people wish to host.
Gain online access to our researched publications. From step-by-step instructions for designing your landscape to creating an indoor worm bin, these exclusive resources will help you increase the health of your landscape.
- Permaculture Resources
- Scale of Permanence
- Landscape Analysis Resources
- Permaculture Principles
- Steps to Design and Environmentally Healthy Landscape
- Design Strategy
- Edible Landscaping Plans (view)
- Pollinator Gardens
- Ever-Blooming Gardens
- Deer-Resistant Gardens
- Healing Gardens
- Desired Species Notes
- Designing Plant Guilds
- Establishing Ground Covers
- Plant Guild Species Form
- Implementation Plan
- Create a New Garden Bed (view)
- Create an Indoor Worm Bin
Gain online access to high-resolution landscape design projects complete with analysis notes, concept designs, and the exact placement of every plant. The design patterns can be used to stimulate ideas for designing your yard and the researched plant communities and plant lists will help you put the right plants in the right places.
- Family Edible Landscape (view low-resolution sample)
- Acreage of Meandering Beauty
- Orchard and Vineyard Homestead
- Rural Food Forest
- Shady and Diverse Backyard
- Coe College Permaculture Garden
- Urban Edibles and Natives
All Skill Share events are free to members. Skill Sharing unleashes the creativity in our community by bringing us together to observe experiences, see what works, and try things ourselves.
Learn more about Skill Shares